Makerspace areas of a library have gained popularity in recent years and School Library Journal recently recommended 39 books to stock in your makerspace. See the article for the full list.
Our title, CLANG: Ernst Chladni’s Sound Experiments, was included in the list of eight Real-Life Makers.
Makerspace Books about Real-Life Makers
- Ada’s Violin: The Story of the Recycled Orchestra of Paraguay by Susan Hood, illus. by Sally Wern Comport. Biography; Eco-friendly; STEM
- Beauty and the Beak: How Science, Technology, and a 3-D Printed Beak Rescued a Bald Eagle by Deborah Lee Rose & Jane Veltkamp. STEM; 3-D Printing
- Clang!: Ernst Chladni’s Sound Experiments by Darcy Pattison, illus. by Peter Willis. Mims House. 2018. ISBN 9781629440934. Biography; STEM
- Girl Code: Gaming, Going Viral, and Getting It Done by Andrea Gonzales & Sophie Houser. HarperCollins. 2017. ISBN 9780062472502. Coding; Gaming; STEM
- Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly with Winifred Conkling, illus. by Laura Freeman. Biography; STEM
- The Music of Life: Bartolomeo Cristofori & the Invention of the Piano by Elizabeth Rusch, illus. by Marjorie Priceman. Biography; STEM
- The Quilts of Gee’s Bend by Susan Goldman Rubin. Abrams. 2017. ISBN 9781419721311. Biography; Crafts/DIY
- Whoosh!: Lonnie Johnson’s Super-Soaking Stream of Inventions by Chris Barton, illus. by Don Tate. Charlesbridge. 2016. ISBN 9781580892971. Biography; STEM